Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated June 15, 2017 approved measures for organizing the activities of Navoi Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The document was adopted to improve the efficiency of the real sector of the economy of Navoi region through the development and implementation of innovative projects.
The main tasks and activities of this department are as follow:
• conducting a system analysis of the state of industries and agriculture in Navoi region, identifying problematic issues and identifying priority scientific areas to find their effective solutions;
• organizing and conducing scientific research contributing to the technical and technological development of the economy of the territory and ensuring the introduction of energy and resource-saving technologies, reducing the cost of manufactured products;
• coordinating and monitoring of scientific research aimed at technological and socio-economic development of the territory;
• participating in fundamental, applied research and innovative developments in the fields of geology, mining, metallurgy, chemistry, geotechnology, robotics, mechatronics, nanotechnology, biotechnology, agrochemistry, ecology, automatics, energy and mechanical engineering aimed at further development of the territory;
• participating in training, retraining and advanced training of highly qualified scientific and scientific-pedagogical personnel, teachers of educational institutions and specialists of industrial enterprises of the territory;
• creating conditions that accelerate the process of integrating science with education and production;
• studying and analyzing the achievements of the world and domestic science in the field of industry and agriculture, developing recommendations for their use taking into account the peculiarities and needs of the territory;
• organizing of international cooperation in the study and conduct of scientific research to solve the problems of the territory, with the involvement of foreign experts in joint scientific research.
The branch is a legal entity in the form of a state institution; it has a seal with the image of the State Emblem of the Republic of Uzbekistan and its name in the state language and bank accounts, including foreign currency.
Annual report on the activities of the department is annually heard at the meetings of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Scientific and Technical Council of the State Enterprise "Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combine."
The employees of the department are subject to the terms of payment and material incentives for work provided for the respective posts of scientific research institutions of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The chairman of the branch is equal in status to the vice-president of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan and at the same time he is the deputy general director for science of the State enterprise "Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combine".
The document also formed the Interdepartmental Scientific and Technical Council under Navoi branch of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan and is housed in the building of Navoi State Mining Institute at the address: Galaba Avenue, Navoi city.
The main tasks of Interdepartmental Scientific and Technical Council under the Branch include:
• coordination of scientific research related to the socio-economic development of the territory;
• creation of favorable conditions for effective integration of science, education and production;
• assistance in implementation of new researches’ results and innovative developments into practice on the basis of contracts with organizations and enterprises of the territory;
• support of scientists, including young scientists, who have achieved high scientific results and made a worthy contribution to the development of the science of the territory;
• assistance in attracting charitable funds for material and technical support of the Branch.
According to the decree of the head of state, a separate residential complex will be built for a temporary residence of scientific consultants invited from research institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan and foreign countries.
Read also other Economic news of Uzbekistan on www.UzReport.uz